Building Envelope Services
At Streamside, we work for condo property managers, engineering firms and residential clients. Our focus is on restoring the building envelope for multi-unit and single home dwellings. Stephen and the team have over 15 years of experience in working closely with home and property owners. First, we assess the situation and provide advice on what is needed to properly restore your property. Next, we expertly handle all your building envelope needs in a clean, organized, positive and professional manner.
We understand how important your reputation is to your condo homeowners or your client, so we do it right, the first time.
Siding, Stucco, Stone
Reasons to control building failures:
- To increase the sustainability of buildings
- Make buildings last longer and be more energy efficient
- Achieve buildings that offer better dollar value with lower maintenance costs
- Safer properties by reducing hazards and accidents in buildings
- Combat poor air quality to avoid “sick building syndrome” and building related illnesses
- To minimize negligence and other legal consequences in construction
Types of failures:
- Aesthetic – concrete, peeling & flaking paint, ceilings.
- Functional- doors, windows, etc
- System failure of components and elements – de-bonding & bubbling of membrane
- Structural – issues caused by settlement & subsidence
- Non-structural – roof, eaves troughs, downspouts, plaster, paint blistering & peeling, floor coverings, etc
- Reversible – jamming of doors & windows due to moisture
- Irreversible – chemical reaction, structural movement issues, etc
- Material failures – deterioration of metals, wood, mortar, brick, etc